Crispy, crunchy, smoky, and salty, bacon slaw has it all. Freshly shredded veggies combine with crumbly bacon and tangy bacon dressing. This slaw goes great with (and on) both hot and cold meals, or straight out of the bowl
1 jar (16 oz.) J&A Bacon Dressing
2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 pound of bacon
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
Make the slaw:
- In a medium serving bowl, mix together the purple cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, parsley, and almonds(if using). Set aside.
- Cut bacon into pieces and put into a small skillet. Cook until fat has rendered and the bacon is starting to crisp. Set aside.
For the dressing:
- Using a small sauce pot, heat bacon dressing, whisking on low until warm.
- Pour the warm bacon dressing over the slaw mixture and toss until all of the ingredients are well coated.
- Add cooked bacon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.