This recipe is a wonderful autumn variation of the traditional New England style side dish or vegetable stew. It goes great with any holiday meal. Enjoy it this holiday season!
1 cup Jake & Amos Corn Relish
1 16oz package butternut squash, cubed
2 cups lima beans
1/2 onion, finely diced
3 cups corn kernels
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1/2 cup chicken broth (optional during cooking)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
2 tablespoons salted butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the squash by cutting into evenly sized cubes, about 1 inch square.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the squash cubes on the baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Roast 30-35 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- While the squash is roasting, in a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion. Fry until the onion is translucent, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the lima beans, corn kernels, Jake & Amos Corn Relish, tomatoes, peppers, garlic powder, and smoked paprika to the pan. Fry for 5-6 minutes or until lima beans are tender. If needed, add in the chicken broth. Then, add in roasted butternut squash.
- Take pan off of the heat and add in the sage, parsley, butter, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!