Mango Salsa Hot Wings
Posted by Chef Don King, Culinary Market Specialist
Marinated chicken wings coated with spicy mango sauce and again baked in the oven till crispy from outside and juicy inside.
3 pounds whole chicken wings (about 12 wings)
Kosher salt/black pepper
1 jar (16 oz.) J&A Mango Salsa
1 tablespoon Texas Pete Hot Sauce
Greek Yogurt Sauce (optional):
1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
3 cloves garlic (peeled, grated)
2 lemons (zested, juiced)
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cut off the chicken wing ends and discard. Cut chicken wings in half at the joint. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken into a shallow, nonmetallic dish or gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add 1 cup Mango Salsa and turn to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, place a baking rack on top. Spray rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove chicken and salsa from the bag and arrange on rack on baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour OR until the chicken is cooked through, turning and brushing often with the liquid in the baking sheet every 15 minutes of baking.
- For the Greek Yogurt Sauce: Combine the Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve wings with sauce.