Marinated chicken wings coated with spicy mango sauce and again baked in the oven till crispy from outside and juicy inside.
3 lbs. whole chicken wings (about 12 wings)
Kosher salt/black pepper
1 jar (16 oz.) J&A Mango Salsa
1 tablespoon Texas Pete Hot Sauce
Greek Yogurt Sauce (optional):
1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
3 cloves garlic (peeled, grated)
2 lemons (zested, juiced)
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cut off the chicken wing ends and discard. Cut chicken wings in half at the joint. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken into a shallow, nonmetallic dish or gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add 1 cup Mango Salsa and turn to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, place a baking rack on top. Spray rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove chicken and salsa from the bag and arrange on rack on baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour OR until the chicken is cooked through, turning and brushing often with the liquid in the baking sheet every 15 minutes of baking.
- For the Greek Yogurt Sauce: Combine the Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve wings with sauce.