These aren’t your grandma’s sweet potatoes. Oven roasted sweet root vegetables with savory spices, honey and topped with blue cheese. A simple side dish for the busy holidays.
1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1.5 inch chunks
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3-5 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients (except the blue cheese) into a large bowl and toss until everything is well coated.
- Grease a large sheet pan. Place mixture onto the sheet pan and spread out in a single layer.
- Cook for about 35 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Once veggies are done, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese. Perfect for the Fall holidays. Enjoy!