Oven Roasted Sweet Beets and Potatoes
Posted by Chef Don King, Culinary Market Specialist
These aren’t your grandma’s sweet potatoes. Oven roasted sweet root vegetables with savory spices, honey and topped with blue cheese. A simple side dish for the busy holidays.
1 jar J&A Pickled Sweet Baby Beets
1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1.5 inch chunks
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3-5 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients (except the blue cheese) into a large bowl and toss until everything is well coated.
- Grease a large sheet pan. Place mixture onto the sheet pan and spread out in a single layer.
- Cook for about 35 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Once veggies are done, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese. Perfect for the Fall holidays. Enjoy!