If you're looking for something a little different in a potato salad, this potato and green bean combo is an excellent choice. The green beans and red-skinned potatoes add bright color and fresh flavor. A dressing of mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, and lemon brings all the ingredients together in the most delicious way. For best flavor, make the salad a few hours in advance; cover the bowl and chill the salad until serving time.
2 pounds red-skinned potatoes (or new potatoes)
1 teaspoon salt plus more, to taste
10 oz. Jake & Amos Spiced Dilly Beans (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup chopped onion (sweet onion or red onion)
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup mayonnaise or more, to taste
2 tablespoons dill relish or more, to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons fresh dill (chopped)
Black pepper, to taste
- Scrub the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and let cool completely.
- Drain jar of Jake & Amos Spiced Dilly Beans and cut beans in half. Set to the side for later.
- Transfer the cooled potatoes to a large bowl along with the J&A Green Beans, chopped onion, and sliced celery. Toss lightly to blend.
- In another bowl, combine the 3/4 cup of mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, sour cream, and fresh dill. Add salt and pepper, as needed to taste.
- Gently combine the potato mixture with the dressing. If necessary, add a little more mayonnaise. Taste and adjust the seasonings.